becoming a triathlete
ETT (East Texas Triathletes) Kids is here to support young athletes and parents on their journey to becoming a triathlete.
join our ETT Kids
This family-friendly environment is here to help young athletes and parents learn valuable information about the disciplines that make up a triathlon. We want to empower kids to achieve their goals and instill in them a lifelong love of fitness while also creating great opportunities for parents or guardians to spend quality time with their kids and be physically active too.
(fun)damentals of swimming
Most youth triathlon distances are designed for participation with a minimum of preparation involved for the active child. A good place to start is in the pool by determining if your child can complete the distance of the swim leg. If your child cannot swim more than a short distance without difficulty, beginner swim lessons or instruction may be appropriate.
race day checklist
- Swimsuit or tri suit (arrive wearing suit)
- Goggles (if needed)
- Small towel for drying off in Transition
- Bike helmet
- Closed toe running shoes
- Socks (if wearing)
- Shirt with bib number attached to the front (bib number provided in Race Kit)
- Water bottle
Other Needed Items
- Hat / visor
- Money / credit or debit card
- Nutrition – post-race recovery drink/snack for athlete (as needed, refreshments will be provided to athletes after the finish line)
- Large towel and post-race change of clothes for athlete
- Plastic bag to hold wet items
- Easy-to-carry bag to hold everything (i.e. backpack, gym bag, large tote)